How to support us:
- By buying a small gadget from our 'Shop'
- By a donation to our bank account: BCEE LU77 0019 1555 4193 9000.
We speak: Luxemburgish - German - French - English - Portuguese - German Sign Language
“Rahna” was successfully founded in 2002 by a small group of volunteers with the intention of introducing the convenience of assistance dogs to the public in Luxembourg but most importantly to people with reduced mobility.
The goal is to enable physically disabled persons to get such specially trained dogs for helping them in their daily tasks and bringing a ray of sunshine into their lives. There are no specific conditions to apply for a support dog. The only requirement is to suffer from a disability or permanent illness.
Over the years the organization which educates the dogs (Handi’chiens France, handichiens.org) has extended its educational programme and nowadays Rahna provides assistance dogs for:
- physically disabled children and adults (called “chien d’assistance”),
- sensorial stimulation to children and adults suffering of a mental deficiency, children with autism or down syndrom (called “chien d’éveil”)
Moreover, Rahna has teamed up with a german school to provide specially trained assistance dogs for:
- people suffering from diabetes or epilepsy
- hearing-impaired persons