Sound Ecology is a private music and language school that offers education and environmental science services managed by Malika Pailhès and Mark Vogt. We are located in Luxembourg and provide educational, consulting, and scientific assessment services to private individuals, public institutions, and corporate clients.
Our services include private lessons in music and languages, cultural appreciation and motivational seminars for companies and organizations (aesthetics-based approaches + coaching), managing ecological awareness events, organizing musical and cultural events, workshops for schools, scientific and pedagogical assessment, as well as providing corporate clients with green walls and roofs to live and work in more sustainable and perhaps more aesthetically pleasing environments.
Our main advantage is that clients benefit from our expertise in specific domains of science and culture/arts. In times where more common educational approaches place less emphasis on rooting the arts and cultural education in the rational and humanistic narratives that legitimize both creative freedom and the practice of rigorous science, our approach is oriented towards the future while maintaining a firm conservative foundation. We serve these narratives in function of our clients’ needs and contexts, as well as communicating them to a broader public.
- MUSIC LESSONS:
Are you tired of “learning music” instead of playing the songs inside you?
Do you want to compose and write your own songs?
Do you like electric or acoustic guitar?
Do you want fun but rigorous scientific proof of your progress in months, instead of tests that take years?
Do you want to explore your own creativity?
If your answer to any of these questions is “yes”, contact us.
- LANGUAGE COURSES : Our approach is to link students’ current media consumption with literary classics from all eras and cultures in the past. Doing so sheds light on the common technological and linguistic foundations between different cultures and traditions of the world. We found that valuing students’ interests, and acknowledging them profoundly, builds a student-teacher rapport that makes the pursuit of programs and curriculums more effective.
Sound Ecology is accredited by the luxemburgish Ministry of Sustainable Development and Infrastructures.
Our staff is trained in biology and nature conservation (MSc University of Reading UK) , as well as environmental education (specialised educator diploma, Haute Ecole de Bruxelles).
- Vegetation and habitat surveys and monitoring
- Ecological balance calculations and compensation measures planning
- Environmental management consulting
Environmental education and awareness services
For the general public and publics with special needs:
- Guided tours focusing on rural and urban plant biodiversity and/or edible, toxic and medicinal plants (with qualified herbalists as an option)
- Presentations on: environment, botany, biodiversity, nature awareness and related subjects (monitoring, maintenance, etc.)
- Didactic brochures, informational texts.
Green Roofs and Walls
- Conception, execution and maintenance of sustainable green roofs and walls.